Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Who Made the Blog Today? Wendy Rountree






HAA member Wendy Rountree began her pursuit of photography over 30 years ago, constructing a darkroom in a very small bathroom to learn to develop black and white film. She finds photography, along with writing, perfect artistic tools to view and examine the world.

"Photography makes me pay attention, to look around more, to be aware, to think and absorb as I go through life. It continues to cause me to open my eyes, to see things in new and different ways, to appreciate the nuance of an expression, to see something beautiful in the simple or the sublime."

Wendy has studied at the International Center for Photography in New York and the Santa Fe Photography Workshops in Santa Fe, New Mexico. She joined Professional Women Photographers of NYC (PWP) in 2001 and is a former board member.

"My photographs represent some of the things I've seen along the way. In sharing I hope that it helps people to stop and notice whatever they may find beautiful or interesting in their own journey, with or without the camera.

Wendy currently resides in the Las Vegas, NV area and travels frequently. More of Wendy's work can be viewed at her website (photoartforlife.com) and she may be reached by email at

No comments: